Preschool Ethos and Aims
We provide a safe, caring and nurturing environment, where every child can grow as an individual and shine like the stars they are.
- Provide high quality care and education for children between 2.5 and 4 years of age.
- Work in partnership with parents to help their children learn and develop.
- Provide a stimulating and fun learning environment where children feel safe and secure.
- Make a positive contribution to the economic and social well-being of our local community.
- Offer children and their parents a service which provides equality and values diversity.
- Allow children and their parents to experience a very positive transition into school life.
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework which is the statutory framework that sets standards for Early Years providers to follow. The framework aims to ensure that children develop the knowledge and skills required as a foundation to progress through school life.
The EYFS framework places an emphasis on three prime areas which are most essential for children’s healthy development:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
The focus is to ensure that children of preschool age have fun in a stimulating environment. Our team draws up a plan for each term focussed around a topic which aims to ensure that the EYFS goals are met in a way that the children will enjoy. We believe that the experience a child has at preschool is very important in a child’s journey through the education system and so it is our goal to make learning fun!