The school provides a range of activities:
- To develop responsible, respectful and active citizens, who have a deepening understanding of the fundamental British values of democracy, individual liberty, the rule of law and mutual respect and tolerance.
- To develop pupil’s understanding that difference and cultural diversity is positive and individual characteristics make people unique
- To develop pupils character so that they can reflect wisely, learn eagerly, behave with integrity and cooperate consistently well with others
- To develop pupil’s confidence, resilience and knowledge so that they can keep themselves mentally healthy.
- To develop pupil’s age-appropriate understanding of healthy relationships through relationship and sex education.
- To ensure effective provision of pupil’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural education
Spiritual development – ability to be reflective about their own beliefs (religious or otherwise) and perspectives on life. Knowledge of and respect for different people’s faiths, feelings and values.
Moral development – understanding the difference between right and wrong and apply this to their own lives.
Social development – working well with others and co-operating in a range of contexts.
Cultural development – appreciation of a wide range of cultures, including those that have shaped their heritage. Knowledge of Britain’s parliamentary system. Respond positively to artistic, musical, sporting and cultural opportunities.